Cardio drumming classes in Bristol
You probably know you need to workout, but you’re feeling unenthused and unexcited by the thought of traditional gym classes. If that’s you, then you are not alone, and like others, Twin Wave’s Cardio drumming classes could be your answer.
Classes are ideal for people who are over-weight, feeling isolated and unexcited by the gym, right through to people who are fit and energetic looking for an interesting way to stay fit.
Exercise to a new rhythm
Benefits of Cardio drumming classes
- Feel energised and invigorated
- Feel good because you’ve learnt new skills and rhythms and had some fun
- Increase stamina, motivation and focus, helping you achieve more in life
- Meet new people
- Reduce stress
- Feel healthier and happier
- Improve circulation – boosting your immune system, potentially reducing illness
What happens at a Cardio drumming class?
Each lesson includes rhythm, exercise and relaxation. You’ll learn rhythms and exercise at a level appropriate to your fitness and you’ll also learn relaxation techniques.
Classes begin with a warm up. You’ll learn rhythms and begin to move. You adjust your rhythm or the intensity of the exercise to suit your level of fitness – don’t worry we’ll show you how. The classes end with slowing down the heart-rate, then finally coming to rest in our recovery section.
- All equipment is supplied
- Wear trainers and exercise gear or lose fitting clothes
- Bring a bottle of water, plus yoga mat (or something similar) and blanket for the relaxation part of the class
- Each class runs for 60 minutes
- We’ll raise and lower heart-rate at intervals and you can choose the level of intensity that’s right for you
Find your pulse
Each week we have a new fun warm up and different rhythms and movements. This is followed by HIT (high intensity training) with 1 minute intervals of intensive drumming at a pace that is comfortable yet challenging for each individual with varying levels of rhythm exercises to suit. We welcome all levels and encourage people to join us to be pacemakers for each other. We measure the improvements of fitness from week to week and bring a guided meditation and relaxation to the end of each session. Additional regular reward events will bring teams together to celebrate achievements and develop new social connections.